Hard Feature Freeze Next week

Daniele E. Domenichelli daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 19:01:11 UTC 2011

On 02/10/11 16:54, David Edmundson wrote:
> To be honest, I'm a bit sceptical currently, especially with regards
> to this "global presence" situation. I'm not sure we're fully happy we
> know what we're doing, let alone finishing the code and doing some
> initial testing. Same for the git submodule.
>
> I'm thinking it should be pushed back by a week (final release pushed
> back too). Even with this, everyone needs to code like hell to get
> this a polished release.

If the release manager says so we have no choice! :D
However, I agree if it's just for one week, also because I'll be moving
back to Italy next Saturday and this week I'll be quite busy, but if the
git submodule takes more than that to be ready, I'd say let's not have
it for the next release.
By the way, I was thinking about the tarballs for the release... are we
shipping all the files in the git submodule in all the packages? What
about the mega-package? Will the files be included in every subfolder?

Cheers,
  Daniele