Touch-friendliness

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Thu Nov 24 13:09:57 UTC 2011

I warned martin that I would rant about this topic, so here goes:

KDE is currently used by every school in Brazil (52 million children)
on the desktop, every university in Portugal and Russia (another
hundred thousand or so) every German embassy (another 11 thousand) and
be countless more all on the desktop as part of their day-to-day
lives.

KDE mobile/active devices are used by a few hundred devs, and then
only to shove in peoples faces not to actually do anything productive
on.

In terms of cost vs gain, I don't give a crap about touch devices,
though I've no objection to other people making them - but we should
definitely NOT make the desktop widgets a worse experience for
millions of people for the sake of the few mobile users. IMHO this
applies to all KDE.

</rant>

Dave