Trying to build

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzer at kde.org
Sun Nov 6 01:04:23 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am currently trying to build KTelepathy to test my translation but
I get a cmake error.

When I try to build  telepathy-contact-list, I get this error:
     CMake Error at /usr/share/kde4/apps/cmake/modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:198 (MESSAGE):
     Could NOT find TELEPATHY_QT4 (missing: TELEPATHY_QT4_INCLUDE_DIR)
    Call Stack (most recent call first):
     cmake/modules/FindTelepathyQt4.cmake:42 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
     CMakeLists.txt:10 (find_package)

So TELEPATHY_QT4_INCLUDE_DIR is not defined.

cmake/modules/FindTelepathyQt4.cmake looks for the file
    TelepathyQt4/Types
which is provided by the package libtelepathy-qt4-dev on Debian.
The package is installed. The file lies in
    /usr/include/telepathy-1.0/

So adding
    PATHS /usr/include/telepathy-1.0/
to the cmake file's find_path command solved the issue, so I guess, the
path in which Debian stores the file is not in the HINT variables. But
that's just a guess.

However, the build process fails then with the error:
    /usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qlist.h: In member function ‘QBool QList<T>::contains(const T&) const [with T = KPresence]’:
    /home/fs/compile/telepathy-contact-list/presence-model.cpp:141:37:   instantiated from here
    /usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qlist.h:864:9: error: no match for ‘operator==’ in ‘i->QList<T>::Node::t [with T = KPresence]() == t’
    /usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qlist.h:864:9: note: candidates are:

And there I am definitely lost. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards