Season of KDE proposal: Collaborative edition in Kate

Daniele E. Domenichelli daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com
Tue May 10 19:10:44 CEST 2011

On 05/10/2011 10:21 AM, Aleix Pol wrote:
> I'm not sure how this works but sounds to me like we're making it
> slightly more complicated than it is. Why isn't a telepathy socket
> enough to send information?
>
> I've always understood that telepathy can handle this kind of
> connection... Does it clash with the rest of services?

Streamtubes are definitely enough to send information, but I believe
that it is quite redundant because the infinote protocol includes also
chat and more stuff that aren't required because they are already
offered by telepathy...

It doesn't clash, but at the same time you can have a telepathy text
channel AND a chat handled by the infinote protocol.
The first can be handled by telepathy-chat-ui, etc. the second requires
that you handle it completely... And you also lose logging, approver, etc...

Anyway, I'm not trying to say that it won't work, I believe it will work
actually, but doing it in this way you will lose some of the wonderful
features offered by telepathy. ;)

Cheers,
 Daniele