GUI for message sending status

Francesco Nwokeka francesco.nwokeka at gmail.com
Wed May 4 08:10:45 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 03 May 2011 16:00:09 Martin Klapetek wrote:
> I'd suggest simple color changes - before the message is delivered, make it
> gray/disabled/same color as the system message, and once it has been
> delivered, make it normal theme color.

The problem is that the chat is show on a QWebView and it's not possible to go back and modify text
that has already been set. Or better, I'd have to reload the whole webpage just to modify one or two
lines of text.
What I thought of was maybe wait for a response from telepathy before sending the message and show
the working status with an icon somewhere to let the user know why he/she's waiting. Once recieved a
response from telepathy, deliver the text to the webview with the correct status color in this case.
What do you guys think?

Francesco