A couple of HIG questions regarding KDE Telepathy

Rohan Garg rohan16garg at gmail.com
Tue May 3 22:41:02 CEST 2011

Hi
I've been working on improving the usability of KDE Telepathy a bit
and recently made a couple of changes as to how one can set the IM
Status.I'm attaching a image of my work, the image on the left
represents the older GUI whereas the the one on the right shows the
newer GUI [ yes, my GIMP skills are bad ;) ]

Now, the main issue i am facing is that after i remove the radio
buttons ( which in my opinion make the UI look cluttered ), how do i
represent to the user that his current IM Status is, say Online? We
discussed a couple of scenarios on IRC, like making the current status
as Bold/Italics, or using a tick mark next to the current status,
using a different highlight color etc but none of the ideas were
satisfactory and had one issue or the other.

Any ideas on how to do this would be highly appreciated.

Regards
Rohan Garg
www.launchpad.net/~rohangarg