Fwd: Hi! (Nepomuk-TpLogger integration as GSoC)

Stefano Sanfilippo stefano.k.sanfilippo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 20:07:32 CEST 2011

Monday, 28 march 2011 at 07:04:30, you wrote:
> I see on the community wiki that you are working on the chat logger.Could
> you tell me whats the status of the logger, because I was thinking of
> implementing as a GSoC project and integrating it with nepomuk.
> I would like to hear your thoughts on this.

Dear Rohan,

First of all, thanks for your help.

The active development was handled to Mateu Batle from Collabora. We're
testing the logger API, which is pretty complete by now. Still, it's only a
Qt/dbus wrapper, any expansion would be welcomed. Currently I'm developing an
experimental log viewer (very like the one in Empathy).

Thus, Nepomuk integration is more than welcomed :)) There was a small debate
about the way integration should be achieved, and we (still, nothing official)
to let Nepomuk index logs, add a panel to Search app, and (maybe) use a
standalone viewer built with Telepathy-kde ui components (my log viewer
widget?)

Should you need help on the API, please contact Mateu, he knows TpLogger far
better, having finalized the work. You may find him on irc #kde-telepathy,
nickname mbatle. For any question, doubt or advice don't hesitate to contact
me, or the Mailing List. We're a friendly bunch (supposedly :D).

Regards,

--SKS (esseks)