[GSoC 2011] Project: Innovative new UI/Interaction Methods for telepathy using nepomuk

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 17:39:26 CEST 2011

Hi Rohan,

On Monday 28 March 2011 18:24:20 Rohan Garg wrote:
> Hi
> After looking through all the ideas on the telepathy ideas list and
> discussing them with prospective mentors in #kde-telepathy, i decided
> i would like to work on improving interaction methods between
> telepathy and KDE [1].Basically i propose the following set of krunner
> plugins to interact with telepathy :

To be honest, the idea is pretty weak as it is - remember that GSoC is
supposed to be the equivalent of a full-time internship. Implementation-wise,
your idea is boiling down to coding a single KRunner plugin with multiple
matches (have a look at some of the existing ones) and not multiple plugins.
This reduces duplication and lowers the workload.

Maybe joining this idea and the other two you mentioned in the next mail would
do: I suggest you to try and write a short proposal, detailing part of the
implementation and defining the time you plan to spend on average on each
task.