Merging the Contact List and using reviewboard

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Wed Mar 23 15:24:42 CET 2011

This conversation came up in IRC and I wanted to bring it to the mailing
list:

- I want to merge Martin's contact list into the main repository.
 -Martin is worried that if he has to start going through reviewboard for
patches it's really going to slow down development.

I can see where he's coming from, when I see one line patches on reviewboard
it wastes my time going through sorting them out, and it does slow things
down. Especially when everyone hacking is doing this just in the few moments
of their freetime.

On the other hand I have fixed a lot of code in reviewboard before it's
merged, and had a lot of my mistakes spotted too.

Personally I just want his stuff merged, and I'm happy to leave the choice
of whether to enforce reviewboard or not to the discretion of the component
leader.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Dave