inconsistent-file-naming-convention.cpp

George Goldberg grundleborg at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 3 17:48:29 CET 2011

On 3 March 2011 16:11, Florian Reinhard <florian.reinhard at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just wrote a script to do the renaming from dashes to nodashes and i must
> say i really don't like it.
>
> For example:
>
> sunshine/sunshine-advanced-settings-widget.cpp
> sunshine/sunshineadvancedoptionswidget.cpp
>
> for me it takes some seconds to sort out all different words that make up
> sunshineadvancedsettingswidget. Therefore i don't see any sane reason to
> rename anything with dashes to nodashes. I'd appreciate the other way round.

I have to say I agree with this. It really is a lot easier to parse
long file names with the "-". Also, afaik there is no official KDE
style for file names (happy to be proved wrong if anyone can find a
techbase page or the like that disproves this).

/me disappears back to university work again.

--
George