Integrating TP-Logger with KDE

Stefano Sanfilippo stefano.k.sanfilippo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 16:51:04 CET 2011

In data mercoledì 2 marzo 2011 05:09:42, Mateu Batle ha scritto:

Hi Mateu, currently I'm working on that module.

> I'm very interested in the tp logger project. I need a qt binding for tp
> logger for another project real soon,
> so it would be great to reuse this stuff as starting point, and not
> re-implement from scratch. I could provide patches
Please report any suggestion or wish. Providing patches would be great.

>  * I think we could try to migrate to use QtGlib.
Fine :) Apart from QGError, what else could be migrated?

>  * Current Query class needs some improvements:
>     - destructor should be virtual
Done.

>     - Error reporting should not be done through exceptions as George
> already mentioned.
The critical exeption throwing has been restricted to tpl-query-callback-
template.h . I'm striving to find a decent c++ friendly error raising
mechanism. For now, I've commented out exceptions throwing.

>     - The reporting of query results could lead to some ambiguity if
> query objects are reused in several queries. I would prefer to avoid
> that by not making reusable (like a KJob / Tp::PendingOperation).
> In summary, what we need is basically an async job class. So I would use
> something similar to Tp::PendingOperation, or KJob.
Working on it right now.

>   * Source files need to be move to a subdir preferably. And create
> common project directory structure.
Done.

>   * Naming of same classes, for example Correspondant, I would just keep
> using the same name as the underlying library which is Entity. It makes
> everything easier.
Done. Although there are two issues:
   +  tpl_log_manager_get_filtered_messages_finish is documented as compiling
a GList of TpEntry, while a TpEntryText would be expected... typo, or
something I miss?
   + the GList type compiled by tpl_log_manager_get_chats_finish is not
documented.

>   * Use tp-qt4 debug
Great :)

> FYI, at the moment it is just binding the glib tp-logger API, but there
> is also some additional functionality for clearing logs and managing
> favorite contacts that is available just through DBUS API at the moment,
> but glib bindings will be provided soon in tp-logger. I'm interested
> specially in the clearing functionality.
Just provide sketches and ideas, and I'll expand the API.

Cheers,

--SKS (esseks)