telepathy-kde lib and qml nepomuk model import questions

George Goldberg grundleborg at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 21 14:25:57 CEST 2011

On 21 June 2011 13:16, Francesco Nwokeka <francesco.nwokeka at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello ML and mentors!
>        Yesterday night me and David talked about which would be the best way to retrieve info from
> Grundelborg's nepomuk models.
> We wrote a mail to the plasma devs and taking in consideration what the answer was[1], we decided to
> write a QML extension plugin instead of a dataengine to export the nepomuk model.
>
> @Dario: any considerations?
> @Grundelborg: I was thinking about adding this lib to the "telepathy-kde" main lib. This way we have
> a 2-in-1 solution and packegers/users don't need to install yet another component to get things to
> work. What do you say?

Sounds good. If I understand correctly, the PersonSetModel already
meets the criteria of being 1 column and having named roles for QML
access, so it should just be writing a QML plugin for it then, right?
In which case, go ahead and put it in telepathy-kde/src/ui folder (but
please create it in a private branch so I (and others) can review it
before it gets added to the main library). Also remember that
telepathy-kde can only depend on libraries up to and including kdelibs
at compile time (ie. no kde-runtime or kde-workspace compile time
dependencies).

--
George