KDE Telepathy Sprint 2011 - Preliminary setup

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 01:02:42 CEST 2011

Hi everyone, and greetings from Randa.

Me and three other KDE-Tp souls have been gathering to do some code, and talk
about our future. In particular, it was a nice chance to talk about our future
and start a preliminary plan for...

  KDE TELEPATHY SPRINT 2011!!!

Ok, wind down. We tried and set some common goals we want to share with you,
and get common agreement on, to get the organizational gears running as soon
as possible. That's what we all expect to happen:

 1. Since we're meeting together, we can experience a boost of productivity
(like we're doing now)
 2. Where are we going now? Discuss mid/long-term plans
 3. Get back to our original plan. Resurrect Nepomuk and the Logger
 4. Improve KDE integration, and (the possible timeframe for the sprint will
be perfect for that) define where each KDE-Tp component stands inside KDE
 5. Get some beers, make new friends

In addition to that, I would like to have some "external" people, who will be
supposed to use Telepathy in the real KDE world. The first example which comes
to my mind is Alex Fiestas, afiestas in IRC. I would love to see 2-3 of that
guys, to have an informed opinion on whether our track is right or not.

While I am writing this mail, I'm also checking if Collabora's Cambridge
office will be available as a venue. That's 99,9% likely, but still, feel free
to propose any different venue you might prefer.

Also, we thought about having the sprint in mid-september, which appears to be
a good time for holding that. Is this fine with you? I drafted a small doodle
poll just to keep track of that:

http://www.doodle.com/ht9zhduyv2t88hpv

Again, nothing really decided: I just want to get stuff ready asap to get the
organization as relaxed as possible.

I guess that's all, go for discussion & flames.

--

Dario Freddi
KDE Developer
GPG Key Signature: 511A9A3B