QtFolks-based CL proof of concept

Paolo Capriotti paolo.capriotti at collabora.co.uk
Fri Jul 29 01:29:08 CEST 2011

Hi all,
since my post where I proposed an alternative architecture to the
Nepomuk-based one, I've been doing some work to put those ideas into
practice, and I've created a port to QtFolks of the existing contact list:

git://git.collabora.co.uk/git/user/paolo/kde-telepathy-contact-list.git

Please note that it's not a complete port, there are some missing and
some broken features, but I think it gives a fair idea of how things
would look like, were we to go this route.

I plan to go on with this branch for a while, stabilizing it and merging
fixes from master.

Please let me know what you think. Personally, I'm pretty happy with
QtContact and how well it addresses all the use cases in the CL. As for
folks, I'm still undecided on whether or not it's going to be too
limiting, considering our long-term goals.

BR,
Paolo