Release Schedule

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Sat Jul 23 14:15:39 CEST 2011

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 11:45 AM, George Goldberg
<grundleborg at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for the top post - just need to put this out there:
>
> We *must* promote this as an *alpha* or *tech preview* or something
> release. This is simply because we have completely bypassed the
> correct procedures used by KDE for releasing software. Before we can
> make any kind of final release, we need to go through the KDE Review
> process and into extragear or somewhere. This is something we should
> look at doing once we have made a couple more preview releases and the
> basic feature set has settled down. For a technical preview release it
> seems reasonable to release it as a git snapshot straight from
> playground (where we currently reside), but for a proper release, this
> is *not* OK.

Ok, lets all use the term "Technical Preview" so we're consistent.
I don't think any of us see it as anything beyond that, but you're
right that we need to communicate it better to the external people.

I'm a bit busy till this evening - if someone else could make the
branches in the repos / the tarballs, that would be awesome.