Release Schedule

George Kiagiadakis kiagiadakis.george at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 11:16:30 CEST 2011

2011/7/23 Martin Klapetek <martin.klapetek at gmail.com>:
> On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 00:52, David Edmundson <david at davidedmundson.co.uk>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 6:04 PM, Daniele E. Domenichelli
>> <daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >

>> > Some questions:
>> >
>> > - Do we have scripts to create the tarballs?
>> No. Do we need them?

git archive --format=tar --prefix=telepathy-kde-$COMPONENT-$VERSION/
HEAD | bzip2 -9 > telepathy-kde-$COMPONENT-$VERSION.tar.bz2

;)

> Probably not.
>>
>> > - Where do we upload the tarballs?
>> Don't know - any ideas?
>
> Does KDE provide any kind of "release space"? Otherwise I think it's ok to
> put the tarballs to whatever place, important is to get links among people
> (we need to decide this ASAP so we can put those link in promo notes).

The KDE ftp server. Someone needs to ask the sysadmins...

>> > - Who will create the tarballs?
>> Don't know - volunteers?
>
> I know virtually nothing about packaging, so probably not me. But it should
> be just making a snapshot of the git repos, right?

I can do that...
Snapshots of the git repos it is, unless we want to do something more
monolithic...

PS: What should be the names of the tarballs? For some of the
comonents (for instance, the text-ui), the repo name is not the best
to use in the tarball. I would suggest to use the names that I used in
the debian packages (see [1]), but I'm open to other ideas...

[1]. http://cgit.collabora.com/git/user/gkiagia (telepathy-kde-* repos)