Respond directly to incoming chats

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Wed Jul 13 17:50:14 CEST 2011

Ok there are two solutions being discussed, so I'll summarise them
both as I understand them.

1) We make a dataengine that acts as a Text Channel handler/observer,
we make a plasmoid that talks to telepathy directly.

2) We mess about with the notifications that come out of my Text UI
application, and try and make it feed information back to my
application, (which then in turn talks to telepathy).

There is no point in suggesting any changes to other projects until we
decide on this.

IIMO, solution 1 is better because:
 - it requires no plasma changes (that I can think of at present)
 - it doesn't rely on the Text UI being used for chats, we were trying
to get away from monolithic apps.
 - KNotify is crap.
 - we can re-use this dataengine (or QML plugin?) to make a full chat
widget plasmoid if someone wanted to.