Meeting proposal

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 00:34:11 CET 2011

On Sunday 23 January 2011 17:50:21 George Kiagiadakis wrote:
> >>  - News on DBus Tubes (hopefully!)
> >
> > Well, tbh, we definitely need Andre and Olli to comment on that, the
> > branch(es) is starting to get some dust on it...
>
> DBus != Stream (one of you must be confusing it, not sure which)

P.S.: Moreover, we still have a blocker for DBus tubes in Qt, so the situation
is more complex thanit should be. I just saw Daniele's patch
(http://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qt/merge_requests/2343) has been moved to
"Reviewing", which means hope, but still this is not enough.

DBus tubes, in the most optimistic opinion, cannot be fully implemented before
Qt 4.8 is out and I doubt tp-qt4 wants to provide a half-baked feature. Hence
the priority remains (at least for the high level API) to get Stream tubes
merged asap, and have a patch ready for DBus tubes to be merged when the time
comes.

--

Dario Freddi
KDE Developer