Integrating TP-Logger with KDE

Stefano Sanfilippo stefano.k.sanfilippo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 21:35:17 CET 2011

Hi everybody,

I've been inspecting telepathy-logger and empathy, for kde-telepathy Log
integration.

Eventually, I concluded that:
  * TP logger grabs and record any active tube to Connection Managers, so no
     need for explicit log recording setup (but an on/off configuration
     switch, would be welcomed)
  * TP Logger has a query API which relies on glib, besides dbus.

For the latter point (log querying and display), I've written a glue Qt
object, taking inspiration from [ http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Logger
].

I think that the log viewer should be a standalone program (so when we enable
nepomuk log indexing, we may use it as a popup viewer/ui component).

As soon as I've something usable, I will share it :) Since this is my first
collaboration with kde-telepathy, I'd like to know where I should post my
code: my github, or another sort of private/experimental repo?

--SKS