KDE Telepathy on its way to Extragear

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Mon Dec 26 19:21:52 UTC 2011

>> If KDE Telepathy uses Nepomuk as it's primary store of contacts
>> information, it will make user support for other areas of KDE which
>> are still maturing much harder.
>

> We plan to use it as a primary store, yes, but I also plan to have some
> discussion with KDE PIM on this subject as the unified contacts storage and
> handling is not exactly clear right now.

The key point is we will use whatever KDE PIM tell us to use. This has
previously been nepomuk. If that's the decided way of contact
aggregation then that's what we have to do, maintaining our own system
is pointless. This subject gets discussed on our mailing list
constantly 8-).

The other thing to make absolutely clear is that the currently
proposed code has no Nepomuk code whatsoever.

Future plans are purely just plans/ideas which are not set in stone at
all, and whilst I'm happy to discuss in our mailing list, they
shouldn't really be an influence on reviewing the code present.

David Edmundson
 - KDE Telepathy Developer