GUI for message sending status

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 17:34:38 CEST 2011

2011/4/14 Francesco Nwokeka <francesco.nwokeka at gmail.com>

> Hi guys,
>        writing this mail to get some feedback from you all. Attached to
> this mail is a mockup of how i
> thought to act for the telepathy-kde-text-ui's message sending status.
>
> As you will see, there's a toolbutton with a number beside it. The tooltip
> will have an icon
> rappresenting the send status ( sending, network error, not sent ) and a
> number rappresenting how
> many messages have that status.
> The toolbutton will have a tooltip explaining to the user in what the error
> consists.
>
> What do you think?

It would be too hard to know which messages exactly failed to be sent. I'd
suggest to add something to the chat view itself, right next to the message,
something very small and unobtrusive, or maybe even make the whole sent text
grayed out and only after we know it has been sent/delivered, make it normal
color.

Marty