Handler error

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 14:07:22 CEST 2011

francesco.nwokeka at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi guys,
>>        I wanted to notify you about an error I've been getting this
morning and can't seem to solve
>> it.
>> This is what mission-control-5 tells me:
>>
>> mcd-WARNING **: Channel request /com/nokia/MissionControl/requests/r1
failed, error: Handler no
>> longer available
>>
>> it can't handle any chats incoming or outgoing. Does anyone know why this
happens and how to solve
>> it?
>>
>> Francesco
>

> Turns out i'm an idiot who doesn't test properly.
>
> I recently modded the chat handler to be a KUniqueApplication, that broke
everything.

If we ever make the CL dbus activated, we must remember to change it there
as well. This also breakes debugging with KDevelop btw.

Marty

> [11:20] <d_ed> the reason is (probably) that KUniqueApplication forks
pretty soon after startup, and messes with the initial dbus things
> [11:21] <d_ed> so it loads - but the incoming dbus message that started
it, isn't passed on to the real application
> [11:22] <oggis_> oh indeed the dbus daemon probably watches for the
process it actually executes
> [11:22] <oggis_> and waits for it to register the service name it
activated, or exit, whichever happens first