File Transfers in Preview Release

Daniele E. Domenichelli daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 02:09:20 CEST 2011

On 04/04/2011 03:43 PM, George Goldberg wrote:
> On 4 April 2011 14:41, Olli Salli <olli.salli at collabora.co.uk> wrote:
>> Just a quick question: did the accept jobs eventually get turned to
>> proper Handlers for FileTransfer channels?
>>
>> If not, and they instead watch the Connection's NewChannels signal or
>> something like that, you'll get MC racing with you to invoke any other
>> installed handlers for those (e.g. empathy) and then your job and the
>> empathy FT handler both poking the FileTransfer channel, at which point
>> the earth falls off its orbit.
>
> good point. not sure if they ever got fixed.

If I remember correctly I never fixed them, because it was decided to
leave the jobs behind until it was possible to use the
KTelepathy::Person library instead Nepomuk::PersonContact...

The idea was to replace it with a HandleFileTransferJob that implements
a Tp handler both for incoming and outgoing file transers (see the
implementation of HandleP2PDBusTubeJob vs. Accept/OfferDBusTubeJob).
As Olli said, Accept/OfferFileTransferJob shouldn't be used...

Daniele