Contribute to Kde telepathy project

George Goldberg grundleborg at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 21 22:10:21 CEST 2010

Hi Chinmaya,

2010/9/21 Chinmaya Padhi <padhi.chinmaya at gmail.com>:
> Hi ,
>
> I am looking towards contributing in Kde telepathy project. I am planning to
> start with bug fixing so as to get an idea of the project.
> Please sujjest how to get started.

Welcome. I suggest that the first thing you should do is get all the
code compiled and running on your system. KDE-Telepathy requires the
latest trunk of KDE, so you will need to checkout and build at least
kdelibs and kdebase-runtime. If you haven't already done this, then
you can find instructions here [1]. Once you've done that, the various
KDE-Telepathy components can be compiled. Instructions for doing this
can be found here [2]. Then you can run the applications and, of
course, start hacking on them.

If you have any other questions, feel free to send another mail to the
list. We also have an IRC channel, #kde-telepathy on irc.freenode.net
where you can find the developers and usually get quicker answers to
any questions.

Cheers,

George

[1] http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started