Git migration

George Kiagiadakis kiagiadakis.george at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 17:30:35 CEST 2010

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 4:29 PM, David Edmundson
<david at davidedmundson.co.uk> wrote:
> Questions:
>
> In Olli's talk he said they push proposed branches to their own personal
> directory on the collabora server. This was then reviewed.
>
> Given we are using reviewboard, what is the process? My understanding was that
> reviewboard showed just a single diff, which means we won't get the breakdown
> of individual commits which is one of the main advantages of using git.

I was also wondering about that, but I think that reviewboard may
actually handle git commits if you use the post-review script [1].
Somebody needs to try it to find out :)

> Who needs to review a patch before it can be merged? Just any one person?
> If hypothetically I wrote a patch for libktelepathy, how do I know who wants
> to review it before it can be merged. Say DrDanz gave it a review++, I can
> imagine George would still want to look at it before it's merged. His silence
> might either mean he's busy, or agrees with DrDanz... or is mid-review saying
> my patch is rubbish. I wouldn't know the state of it.

I think that just one other person is fine, as long as that one other
person (or the author of the patch) is one of the main contributors to
this repository (i.e. quite familiar with the code). So, in the case
of kcall for example, it would be acceptable if you review my patches
or I review your patches, but not if you review domme's patches for
example, since you both are not in the main contributors. Just my
opinion here, of course...

[1]. http://www.reviewboard.org/docs/manual/dev/users/tools/post-review/