KDE Real-time Communication and Collaboration Project

George Goldberg grundleborg at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 23 22:44:13 CET 2010

Hi everyone,

I'd like to announce the KDE Real-time Communication and Collaboration
Project [1], a work-in-progress project to bring Telepathy [2] support
to KDE.

The aim of this project is to build Telepathy components for real-time
communcation in KDE. We are basing a lot of our work off the Kopete
code base, although of course some things will change due to the
different nature of current Kopete and the Telepathy Framework.

Further information about how to get started with our code can be
found here [3] along with detail of what's being worked on here [1].

If this project interests you, I'd like to invite you to join our
mailing list, kde-telepathy at kde.org, where development discussions
take place. We also have an IRC channel, #kde-telepathy on Freenode.

Cheers,

George

[1] http://community.kde.org/Real-Time_Communication_and_Collaboration
[2] http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/