Telepathy Account KCM Plugins

George Goldberg grundleborg at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 24 13:46:56 CEST 2010

On 24 August 2010 12:05,  <david at davidedmundson.co.uk> wrote:
> Before we can make a release we ideally need to be able to easily
> configure a lot more accounts than just Jabber. It would be a complete
> showstopper for a lot of users.
>
> I had a look at the gabble plugin code and it looks fairly
> straightforward, enough that I could probably try writing something
> similar for Salut, and maybe MSN and a few others.
>
> Is the Accounts KCM API fairly stable? I don't mind if it changes
> slightly, but I would rather not do a lot of work if people know it's
> subject to complete rewrite.

It is subject to change once profile support lands in telepathy-qt4.
However, I don't expect the changes to be too intrusive so if you do
work on it in the meantime, the modifications needed to port the
plugins to a future API shouldn't be too massive.

> Is anyone else working in the same area, just making sure I don't
> duplicate any code.

I think domme was working on some of these a few weeks back.

--
George