[Kde-teaching] "Learning Qt with KDE" course plan needs your help

Franklin Weng franklin at goodhorse.idv.tw
Mon Aug 3 13:43:58 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Last year I proposed a plan to create a course, which will teach Qt
programming by tracing KDE applications, from simple to complicated.  My
original idea of this course is to "generate" more KDE developers.  This
course aims but not limit to a formal course in universities or colleges.

I plan to take KDE junior job as a start, then take KDE projects which need
more developers to get involved as final term project.  Also we can tell
students that they can port their projects and applications to Android or
iOS, which I think it should be attractive.

This year I hosted a BoF in Akademy 2015 and we had some discussion about
it.  Currently we have a basic course outline and some material suggestions
in [1].  And we have a mailing list for this [2].  Now we need your help to
fill this course outline and material.

If you are interested in it, please take a look at [1] and join the
kde-teaching mailing list.

Thanks,
Franklin

[1] https://notes.kde.org/p/Learn_Qt_Programming_with_KDE