Simon in OpenEMR (eventual use in production healthcare facilities)

Matthew Vita matthewvita48 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 16:03:47 UTC 2017

Hi Simon Community,

OpenEMR is the most popular open source electronic health records and
medical practice management solution. Our project administrators have
recently put together a new and ambitious project roadmap based on global
user need. One of these projects has to do with testing out and configuring
the speech dictation package Simon for medical documentation.

I am one of the OpenEMR project admins and am encouraging folks to work on
this Simon work because I am focused on other projects on our roadmap. Full
post here:
https://community.open-emr.org/t/help-wanted-interested-in-configuring-an-open-source-speech-dictation-module/9113

I'm not sure volunteers will spring up because this work has more to do
with testing, documentation, and marketing which are not as fun as coding
:). If anyone here is interested in joining in, please reach out to me. It
is for a great cause and, like I stated in the title, this solution will
actually be used in healthcare facilities in many countries so it has high
impact!

Thanks for the great software!

Thanks,

Matthew Vita