simon any working base models?

Stephan Olbrich stephanolbrich at gmx.de
Wed Sep 28 16:33:33 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to get simon to work.
Downloading base models is rather difficult as the dialog shows lot's of
backgrounds, themes and such. I still found a german and a english model (both
sphinx based) but they don't work. After installing I just get more "use no
basemodel" ("Kein Basismodell verwenden") lines in the dropdown list. When I
select one of those and apply the setting I get an error message saying "base
model is corrupt" ("Beim Kompilieren des Modells hat der Server folgenden
Fehler gemeldet: Basismodell ist korrupt.")

Manually adding from sphinx model files [1] from voxforge doesn't work either.
The only thing which works, is an old HTK model voxforge [2]
For the HTK model I would need to register and compile some stuff in order to
train it, which I would rather avoid.

Any ideas how to get sphinx models working?

I'm using simon 0.4.1 from kubuntu packages.
sphinxtrain 1.0.8+5prealpha-3
pocketsphinx 0.8.0+real5prealpha-1ubuntu2

Regards,
Stephan

[1]: http://goofy.zamia.org/voxforge/de/cmusphinx-voxforge-de-r20160922.tgz
[2]: http://www.repository.voxforge1.org/downloads/de/Tags/AcousticModels/