[GSoC] UML of PlaySong functionality for MprisPlayer plug-in

Ashish Madeti ashishmadeti at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 09:21:40 UTC 2014

Hi

> I don't quite understand how you mean those are two separate approaches, I
> would do both: Hold the objects representing tracks in the player class and
> manage them there. When you get "Play X", tell the command manager to play
> "X", which should then tell all the players. They can then look through their
> track lists, find matching tracks and start playing.

Well I couldn't understand you properly. I thought I was going to create a command "Play X" as soon as I get TrackAdded (or TracklistReplaced) signal. Then I would have passed the serviceName and trackID to the command while creating it. ServiceName and trackID would have been used in the triggerPrivate() to create a DBus message. (Somewhat like what you did for Amarok in cki)
But you say "when I get 'play x', tell the command manager to play 'x'". How and when will be the 'Play X' command created? Will the message be sent by the "Player" class rather than the triggerPrivate() of "Command" class?

--
Ashish Madeti