[GSoC] UML of PlaySong functionality for MprisPlayer plug-in

Ashish Madeti ashishmadeti at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 08:18:28 UTC 2014

Hi

> That would be my rough suggestion.
> But as every player will have multiple playlists, I think it does make sense
> to also have a Playlist class that contains the actual track and have the
> player manage it's playlists. That way you closely resemble the actual
> situation and this should make it very easy to correctly associate and process
> the update signals.

Every player may have multiple playlists, but through MPRIS Tracklist interface, we can only access a *single* playlist (or depending on the implementation, only a small part of the current playlist) at a time. So, imho we do not need a Playlist class as we only have one playlist.

>> No, user need not know track id. I think I couldn't explain it. "X" is still
>> title
> Yes. But how and where are you planning to resolve "X" to the track id?

I can have a class PlayerItem (crappy name, maybe PlaylistItem or MediaItem, do suggest) which will store the title and trackId of song (and I think if need arises in future we can even have other metadata in the class).
Another solution, I can have a mapping from trackID to title in the Player class. Which one will be better? Or do we have a better alternative?

> Ps.: Congrats on passing the mid terms!

Thank you :)

--
Ashish Madeti