[GSoC] UML of PlaySong functionality for MprisPlayer plug-in

Ashish Madeti ashishmadeti at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 08:56:23 UTC 2014

Hi

> How about a class "Player", with an attribute "title". Then have a hash of
> serviceName -> Player* in the command manager?

So, each serviceName will have an object of Player associated to it. The PlayerObject will have a mapping from title to trackID. I should handle the Tracklist dbus signals in the player class and create commands there. Have I understood right?

>>> How will you match up user input (“Play X”) to track ids?
>>
>> If what I mentioned above is somehow realised, when creating a "Play X"
>> command, I will have the title of the track (i.e X) and also the trackId,
>> which I will pass to the MprisPlayerCommand (and also ofcourse the
>> serviceName). Then I will use the trackId for goto method inside
>> triggerPrivate().
> Wait, you mean you want the user to *know* the track id?

No, user need not know track id. I think I couldn't explain it. "X" is still title.

Thanks
--
Ashish Madeti