Simon having trouble with Julius

Shantanu Tushar Jha shantanu at kde.org
Tue Jun 17 12:11:15 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 7:35 PM, Peter Grasch <peter at grasch.net> wrote:

> On Tuesday, June 17, 2014 09:57:42 AM Shantanu Tushar Jha wrote:
> > > Ah. So you have the HTK installed?
> >
> > Yep, from Ubuntu 14.04 packages. It worked quite good for a day ;)
> Packages? Oh god, are there binary packages? There really, really shouldn't
> be...

Bah, please forgive my still-sleepy email :P I did get it from the website
and built it as instructions from Simon wiki. Sorry for the alarm ;)

> I can't find any on packages.ubuntu.com. Where did you get yours from?
>
> > > Adaption is always a bit tricky and the support in Simon isn't that
> great
> > > be honest. One thing that's missing, for example, is to ensure that the
> > > adaption set is sufficiently large for it to make sense to be used
> (where
> > > "sufficiently large" is really hard to judge programmatically), as
> > > adapting
> > > using a small data set usually produces fairly stupid models.
> >
> > Ah ok, wasn't too stupid for me actually, I'd say 8/10 times it did what
> > said ;)
> If you don't have any adaption data yet, it uses the static base model
> even in
> "adapted" mode. But hey, if you have a limited vocab, reaching something
> like
> 80 % accuracy really isn't that hard. I'm just saying that adaption usually
> decreases overall system performance if the adaption corpus is overly
> small.
>
> > > Still, that should never cause your model to not have a tiedlist
> (which is
> > > just copied from the base model).
> > > Could you check if "base.sbm" (in the same directory as active.sbm) has
> > > it?
> > > Just for the record: You didn't get an error dialog that said "Could
> not
> > > switch to new model.", right?
> >
> > This is what I have-
> >
> > shantanu at shaan-desktop:~$ find  . -name active.sbm
> > ./.kde/share/apps/simon/model/active.sbm
> > ./.kde/share/apps/simond/models/default/active/active.sbm
> >
> > shantanu at shaan-desktop:~$ find  . -name base.sbm
> > ./.kde/share/apps/simond/models/default/active/base.sbm
> Yes, I'd be interested in the base model that the server has (simond).

Do you want me to send the file to you?

> > > How many adaption samples did you record?
> >
> > I recorded all samples in Window Management twice, the Firefox one once.
> Okay.
> Could you please try and run one more training?
> The additional data will trigger a model rebuild. It would be really great
> if
> the problem would persist but my initial guess is that's you've hit a race
> condition in the model cache / compilation / synchronization.

Ok, will try that when I'm back home later this evening :) Thanks

--
Shantanu Tushar    (UTC +0530)
http://www.shantanutushar.com