[KDE-Sonnet] revive of sonnet

Kevin Scannell kscanne at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 13:24:05 CEST 2007

On 10/4/07, Jordi <mumismo at gmail.com> wrote:

> The first one is the API for a grammar checker.
>
> In the list has been mentioned before and it was said to be submitted to
> freedesktop.org but I am not able to find it.
>
> Also I searched the enchant mailing list and only found some very old mails.
>
> If there is no previous work.
> Can we start defining the API?

Jordi,

   I'm glad to hear your interested in getting this project started
again.   Earlier this year, Daniel Naber and I worked out a simple XML
format that we hope can be used as a grammar checking API.   Here is
the version I have under CVS:
http://gramadoir.cvs.sourceforge.net/gramadoir/engine/api-output.dtd?view=markup

The same file should be on the LanguageTool web site too, but I don't
have that link handy.

Both of our grammar checkers implement this API now.   I had plans
this summer to rewrite my vim plugin to use this API but got too busy
with another project.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Kevin