[KDE-Sonnet] new member

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Mon May 14 14:39:08 CEST 2007

Hi!

On Saturday 14 April 2007, Lucas wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   I've just joined the mailing list, I heard about Sonnet in a talk by
> Aaron Seigo during FISL 8 (www.fisl.org.br) and I was extremely
> interested about it. I'm not very experienced with developing in the
> free software community yet, but I want very much to contribute. I
> looked at the latest messages (there aren't that many) and some of the
> code in the SVN. I'm still at the event, but as soon as I get home I
> will try to build it, and check what I can already do. Is there a todo
> list or schedule of the specific Sonnet part of kde somewhere?

I would like to ask this same question too. Looking at the SVN, it seems that
mostly header cleanups have been done over the past few months. The code
compiles, but trying to launch the spellchecker from KDE4 apps always leads
to a crash. Did not try with /branches/work/sonnet-refactoring though.

My experience in KDE/Qt coding is currently limited to writing some
experimental KDE apps a few years ago and recently, as a study project, one
application with Qt 4.2. But I am willing to learn more, and having working
Enchant-based spellchecking in KDE is something that is personally quite
important for me. So I'd like to hear if someone is already working on this,
and help in any ways I can. I will also try to figure out the current sources
on my own and sumbit patches, if I manage to get anything done.

Harri