[KDE-Sonnet] [lingu-dev] Introductions from the KDE guy

Daniel Naber list2006 at danielnaber.de
Thu Jan 25 20:07:46 CET 2007

On Thursday 25 January 2007 18:14, Kevin Scannell wrote:

Kevin, Jacob,

>    Before I forget, another convention that should be added to the DTD
> is the requirement that the attributes be given in the specified order
> to be compliant, or else a simple regex parse isn't going to cut it.

Okay, I will add this.

>    Regarding the "sentence" attribute, Daniel, are you suggesting that
> we change the name to something like "context"?

Yes.

> It is essential to me that we keep the (line,column) coordinates,

That's okay with me of course.

> i.e. fromx,tox,fromy,toy, or else it becomes more or less impossible
> to write the vim plugin using the API, since moving around the
> document is based on lines/cols.    I decided to not include a global
> byte offset since it can be computed from the lines/cols if need be.

One might need to be aware of the different line endings on Unix/Windows
(\n vs. \n\r) for that.

> (2) The other way of locating the error is within the given "context"
> string (what is currently called "sentence").    This could either be
> done with an offset counted from the beginning of the context string (as
> I've done),

Okay. What do you think of dropping "errortext", as it duplicates
information you have anyway from contextoffet  + context, doesn't it?

Regards
 Daniel

--
http://www.danielnaber.de