[KDE-Sonnet] [lingu-dev] Introductions from the KDE guy

Jacob R Rideout kde at jacobrideout.net
Tue Jan 23 00:38:29 CET 2007

> I've now modified LanguageTool in CVS to use the same output format as An
> Gramadoir. The command line option is also called "--api". However, as
> LanguageTool has a certain startup time it is recommended to use the
> server mode. I'm attaching a DTD that describes the output. Is that okay
> for you? Please let me know if you want it to be modified.

The format looks great. I've sent a copy to the developers of CoGrOO
for comment.

My thoughts:

Although it isn't required for valid XML, we need to require
conforming applications to ensure that each <error > will occur on a
new line.

Offset needs to be precisely defined. An Grammadoir defines the offset
from the start of the sentence the error occurs in.

Several people have request that on of the attributes be a global
offset from the start of the text submitted.

Thanks,

Jacob