[KDE-Sonnet] spanish test sentence

Antonio Larrosa larrosa at kde.org
Thu Jan 18 17:31:56 CET 2007

Hi,

I just saw the post about sonnet test sentences for different languages, and
my curiosity forced me to have a look to see the spanish sentence you used.
I saw this:

"La respuesta de los acreedores a la oferta argentina para salir del default
no ha sido muy positiv"

I don't know who wrote that sentence, but "default" is not a spanish word
(that's english :) ), and "positiv" is either wrong, or wasn't copied
correctly (it should read "positiva"). So if you want to keep that sentence,
it's better to change it to:

"La respuesta de los acreedores a la oferta argentina para salir del defecto
no ha sido muy positiva"

Otoh, spanish sentences usually have tildes and 'ñ' letters, which that
sentence doesn't include. So I suppose  that it would be more useful as a
test case to test with a sentence with tildes, like the usual:

"El veloz murciélago hindú comía feliz cardillo y kiwi mientras la cigüeña
tocaba el saxofón detrás del palenque de paja"

Or if for some reason you prefer not to use a typical sentence but an original
one, maybe changing the one that is being used by the next one is enough:

"La respuesta de los acreedores españoles a la oferta argentina llamó la
atención por no ser muy positiva"

Greetings,

--
Antonio Larrosa Jimenez