[kde-solaris] Moving libsolid-hal to unmaintained?

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at FreeBSD.org
Sun Apr 22 02:18:23 UTC 2012

Alex Fiestas <afiestas at kde.org> writes:

> So real question is, who is using libsolid-hal nowdays?

At least the BSD people are; nobody came up with a BSD implementation of
the *kit/u* stuff from Linux, so we're still using Hal.

> Once we know the answer to that question I will:
> -Make HAL backend option only available on those platforms.

Considering Linux distributions don't even ship Hal these days, doesn't
it make sense to just build it depending on whether it is present on the
system where solid is being built?

> -Move libsolid-hal either to unmaintained or to a new maintainer.

Wasn't Alberto Villa made responsible for libsolid-hal some time ago?