[kde-solaris] Does kinfocenter work as expected on Solaris?

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 20:35:15 CET 2011

(Please keep me CC'ed as I'm not subscribed to the list)

Hi there,

I'm working a bit on the FreeBSD-specific code in kinfocenter, and I've
noticed there's some #ifdef-ed code in info_solaris.cpp which depends on
HAVE_LIBDEVINFO_H being set.

However, there seems to be no code there to detect it, so the devinfo
code on Solaris is never compiled.

This is of particular interest to me because there is also devinfo(3)
for FreeBSD and DragonFlyBSD, however they are not inspired or
compatible with Solaris' libdevinfo (actually, I don't even know if
libdevinfo still exists on Solaris).

During my work, I will add a FindLibdevinfo.cmake to kde-workspace which
find FreeBSD's devinfo. Given the devinfo code for Solaris is never
compiled, there does not seem to be any risk of problems with that
#ifdef. It would be nice, though, if you guys could check if that piece
of code still works. If it doesn't I can remove it from the code.

Cheers,
rakuco