[kde-solaris] KDE 4.1.4 IPS packages for OSOL 2008.11

Jan Hnatek Jan.Hnatek at Sun.COM
Fri Feb 13 22:50:52 CET 2009

Michael Schuster napsal(a):
> [..]
> - this is probably due to the paradigm shift that KDE4 seems to symbolise:
> (in layman's terms) I used to be able to create an icon in my task bar
> which would launch any application I chose, eg. xterm or firefox. I don't
> seem to be able to figure out how to do this now. Help appreciated.

Afaik, normally you can use menu editor for this:
- right-click on the menu icon
- select "Menu Editor" or likewise /I have it czech atm/
- create a new entry in any category
- enter name&binary to launch
- save
Now this is where I hit the "updating system configuration" looping
problem - the progress bar resets at about 90%, I have to close the
dialog manually and further behavior is often incorrect.

If the saving went ok, then you should be able to pick this
new entry as application to be placed on the panel.

hnhn

--
Jan Hnatek
jan.hnatek at sun.com