[kde-solaris] Solaris 10

Lukas Oboril oboril.lukas at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 12:04:22 CEST 2009

Hi,

KDE-4.1.4 is the latest version which can run on Solaris 10 (due
missing python >= 2.5, libxcb support and few others which are needed
for 4.2 and higher).Yes, you can kick off Xserver and old python and
put the new ones, but people are using S10 due its stability and
maintenance and I wouldn't recommend do this. I was trying build KDE
with minimal or zero impacts to own S10 system all the time. I have
KDE 4.1.4 on Ultra20m2 with SOL 10 U6.

When I have a time, next month or two, I can provide SVR4 packages for
S10, but without any guarantee.

Ben Taylor's 4.1.3 SVR4 are there ...
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE_on_Solaris#Solaris_10.2FX64

 Luc