[kde-solaris] oxygen style needs xrender?

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Mon May 5 09:20:55 CEST 2008

[[ For KDE4 on Solaris issues, please use kde-discuss at opensolaris.org.
kde-solaris is a dead list, pretty much. It (kde-solaris) handles mostly the
very infrequent KDE3 questions. ]]

On Thursday 01 May 2008 11:26, Girish Ramakrishnan wrote:
> Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> > Sebastian Kuegler wrote:
> >> Apparently this is also a runtime problem. I've seen the Oxygen style
> >> and Plasma look funny on a SUNray box, where apparently XRender is not
> >> available but (tried to be) used, resulting in LSD-like coloring of lots
> >> of widgets. Not that it doesn't look cool, but it does not a match with
> >> the artistic vision either. :-)
> >
> > Oxygen style? I didn't know that used xrender? Got a screenshot?
>
> I believe this is expected behavior. Without xrender, Qt does not
> support antialiasing and some composition modes. When no xrender is
> detected, Qt just falls back to the Windows style. I guess kde needs to
> do similar?
>
> You can test this on any machine using QT_X11_NO_XRENDER=1 ./myapp.

That's a useful hint for testing, generally, on other developer's machines.

Since I have no clue what this thread is about or what equipment we're talking
about, I'll just say that SunRay is an interesting platform for exposing
assumptions about the X server you have available.

--
Adriaan de Groot :: KDE Quality Team
    http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/