[kde-solaris] How to build a stable version of KDE

Jan Hlodan jan.hlodan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 18:31:50 CET 2008

Hi Mats,

Thank you for reply.
Yes, you are right. All have to be compiled with G staff.
For KDE 3.5.x and specially for kdesdk I need these packages:

Qt >= 3.3.2 & < 4.0
X Server
X Render Extension
Xft >=2.0
fontconfig
Berkeley DB 4
Perl
zlib >=1.1
libxml2 >= 2.4.8
libxslt >= 1.0.7
Subversion
Subversion
CVS
doxygen

and then how you said: arts, kdelibs and kdebase.

So I wonder to know how I can compile Qt with using gcc,g++
On the: http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Getting_Started/Build/Stable_Version
is writen:

bunzip2 qt-x11-3.3.8.tar.bz2
tar xvf qt-x11-3.3.8.tar
cd qt-x11-3.3.8
less INSTALL
# Set up QTDIR, KDEDIR, PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
# XDG_DATA_DIRS and XDG_CONFIG_DIRS
cd $QTDIR
./configure -system-zlib -qt-gif -system-libpng \
    -system-libjpeg -plugin-imgfmt-mng -thread -no-stl \
    -no-xinerama -no-g++-exceptions
make

#If compiling on a system where GNU make is not the default make (that
is, most systems other than Linux), please run gmake && gmake install
instead of make && make install.

I tried to set:
CC=/usr/sfw/bin/gcc
CXX=/usr/sfw/bin/g++
export CC CXX

and then:

#./configure -system-zlib -qt-gif -system-libpng \
    -system-libjpeg -plugin-imgfmt-mng -thread -no-stl \
    -no-xinerama -no-g++-exceptions

#gmake

all passed but after:
#gmake install

I got errors

The question is: is my procedure correct?
Or I do something wrong?

Thank you for answer.

Regards,

Jan Hlodan