[kde-solaris] Building KDE 3.5.7 on Solaris Express (SXDE)

Stefan Teleman stefan.teleman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 18:10:19 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 19 September 2007 16:41, morgan henning wrote:
> Yeah, I tried that before I posted to the list :)  This is what I
> get when I try running the compilation command for just that
> object, and part of the reason I am confused.  Please advise if I
> am missing something:

OK.

Libtool is giving you trouble, that's what it is.

Here's a libtool *.la file for libart:

##### SNIP #####

# libart_lgpl_2.la - a libtool library file
# Generated by ltmain.sh - GNU libtool 1.5 (1.1220 2003/04/05
19:32:58)
#
# Please DO NOT delete this file!
# It is necessary for linking the library.

# The name that we can dlopen(3).
dlname='libart_lgpl_2.so.2'

# Names of this library.
library_names='libart_lgpl_2.so.2.3.16 libart_lgpl_2.so.2
libart_lgpl_2.so'

# The name of the static archive.
old_library=''

# Libraries that this one depends upon.
dependency_libs=' -lc -lm -L/usr/X11/lib'

# Version information for libart_lgpl_2.
current=2
age=3
revision=16

# Is this an already installed library?
installed=yes

# Should we warn about portability when linking against -modules?
shouldnotlink=no

# Files to dlopen/dlpreopen
dlopen=''
dlpreopen=''

# Directory that this library needs to be installed in:
libdir='/usr/lib'

Install this file as /usr/lib/libart_lgpl_2.la on your box, and then,
instead of passing -lart_lgpl_2 on the linker line, pass the absolute
path to this libart_lgpl_2.la file:

/usr/lib/libart_lgpl_2.la

Make sure that none of the lines in this file wrap around when you
copy and paste (the libtool parser will choke).

Stefan Teleman			'Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition'
KDE e.V.						-Monty Python
stefan.teleman at gmail.com