[kde-solaris] [kde-discuss] Build platform KDE 4

Shawn Walker swalker at opensolaris.org
Fri Oct 5 16:12:56 CEST 2007

On 05/10/2007, Adriaan de Groot <groot at kde.org> wrote:
> On Friday 05 October 2007 11:09, Lukas Oboril wrote:
> > which version of Solaris/Opensolaris do you use for building KDE4. I
> > have complete working copy from CVSdude and i would like to start
> > testing those codes.
>
> S10U3 on SPARC with patched up SS12 (since the compiler crashes otherwise),
> nv_64 with patched SS12, nv_74b and S10U4 are in use. I haven't built
> anything in the past two weeks nor seen any reports on the kde-solaris list,
> so it may be temporarily dormant again.

A GNU build tools environment is required too (sed, awk, make), and
<insert deity here> help you if you decide to try to compile the GNU
build tools yourself with Sun Studio (i.e. sed, awk, etc.).

--
Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
binarycrusader at gmail.com - http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/

"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not
tried it. " --Donald Knuth