[kde-solaris] Status of KDE4 builds

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Tue Nov 6 21:20:35 CET 2007

Well, it's been a while since I moved on the Solaris front. I'm still not
doing anything, mostly because I want to move KDE on FreeBSD forward first.
There are runtime issues that totally destroy KDE4 right now on that
platform, which I'd like to get out of the way before turning to KDE on
OpenSolaris again.

Remember, we *do* have an extraordinarily beefy build machine available to
people with an interest in building KDE4 and trying it out on Solaris. Mail
me or Stefan to get an account; special things like "sparse zones", whatever
they are, will be sent on to the sysadmins of that box.

Last time I checked, the builds of kdesupport were broken again compared to
CVSdude. I didn't check any farther than that. There's patches for strigi's
handling of nodes and I think that was about it. The rest seemed to compile
OK, at least on through libs and pimlibs and base. Anyone have more recent
accurate status information?

KDE4 builds and runs on Linux. It builds and gets locked in a crash loop on
FreeBSD.

[ade]