[kde-solaris] starting kde

Jason Tutwiler jtmuzix at gmail.com
Thu May 31 03:49:42 CEST 2007

Hello, I have downloaded and installed KDE 3 from blastwave.org.  I'm
running Solaris 10
SunOS jtmuzix 5.10 Generic_118833-36 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-1000
I have a user jtmuzix with $PATH that includes /opt/csw/kde-gcc
directory.  I have also added

setenv  LD_LIBRARY_PATH ${ LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:/opt/csw/kde-gcc/lib

to my .login file.
However, when I start KDE with jtmuzix user, I get a small dialog box
without any text with just an X.  I click on that box and it either
freezes or goes back to the Solaris login screen.  Any ideas on what's
wrong?