[kde-solaris] KDE4 External Dependencies

Moinak Ghosh Moinak.Ghosh at Sun.COM
Sun May 27 05:36:51 CEST 2007

Stefan Teleman wrote:
> [...]
> There is an older version of D-Bus (0.6.x) in S10U2 (and probably in
> U3 as well), it may have been upgraded to a newer version in Nevada.
>
> The only information i can find about Solaris HAL is here:
>
> http://opensolaris.org/os/project/tamarack/
>
> "HAL Device Manager is a Python GNOME application that shows a tree of
> HAL devices and their properties. Basically a GUI version of
> lshal(1M). This is a development tool, not an end-user application."
>
> I briefly looked inside the downloadable HAL package and i do not see
> binaries for hald, or libhal. I would be happy to be proven wrong,
> because it appears that HAL is still in need of a Solaris port.

   HAL does work in Nevada as of now. It is one of the required
components right
   for for removable devices to work. Just boot a recent version of
Nevada and execute
   lshal or lshal -m .

Regards,
Moinak.